Friday 13 January 2012

2012 here goes...

Well... a New Year! Sort of.  As long as it's January, I can still say that right?  Right.  Good.

So:  a New Year, a new start, a new blog.  Wonder how long this will last!  It's the latest of my "really good ideas".  Ha!  

Friday 13th.  An inauspicious day to start a blog.  I learnt something today.  I learnt that I don't have "friggatriskaidekaphobia".  Handy huh?  (Actually, since I just had to Google this, I clearly didn't learn it after all.  Ah well.) 

10 points to anyone who knows what this is.  Without Googling it, like me. 

Any clues?  No?  Apparently it's a phobia of Friday the 13th.  A real thing ladies and gents.  Who knew?!

And, as I said, I don't have it!  Yay.  *Pause while you all cheer.  Hello...anyone there...?* 

Anyway, I do, however, have a massive phobia of heights.  It's the only thing I can really class as a phobia.  There's lots of things I don't LIKE.  I don't like spiders (my mum bought me an awesome spider catcher years ago.  It's saved my life.  Literally.  Ok, ok, not literally), I hate earwigs - seriously, why do they exist?  Ugh.  And I'm not crazy about flying.  It's the whole, "potentially crashing to my death thing", I have issues with.  But they don't paralyse me with fear. 

Heights, however.  Oh boy.  I forget how to breathe!  And just when I need to feel solid and stable, my legs turn to jelly and I shake.  A lot. Oh and I cry.  It's fun! I recommend it.  Not!

But this is the year that I've decided enough is enough.  Last year, I freaked out on Brighton Pier after my sister helpfully pointed out, "Oh look.  You can see the water through the cracks in the floorboards!".  Cue me clinging to the metal poles in the middle, trying to remember how to walk.  Or breathe.  Or stop crying.  Logical?  No.  Dignified? Hell no.  So it has to be addressed.  And my genius plan is this:  www.goape.co.uk/

Fun huh?  I feel sick looking at it.  However, my other half (we'll call him MM) would LOVE this.  And in theory I think it looks like a great time.  If I can get over the fact that it's in the tree tops. *Gulp*.  But I'm determined will power will win through and maybe I'll crack my fear of heights once and for all.  It's closed for January so I have a stay of execution, but this year, I swear, IT WILL BE DONE!  Oh.  Look at that, a New Year resolution.  And I thought I didn't have any!

Well that's it for now.  I do tend to ramble.  So now I should probably stop! 

Laters, 
firefly

No comments:

Post a Comment